Charles George VA Medical Center - Asheville, NC
My HealtheVet is a free, online Personal Health Record available to Veterans, their family members and VA employees. With an upgraded account veterans receving healthcare at our facility will be given new tools to help manage their healthcare online. Benefits of an upgraded account include:
- Online Prescription Refills
- Appointment Lists (past and future)
- View VA Lab Test Results (VA Chemistry + Hematology)
- Access Selected Military Service Information (MOS Codes, Rank, Service Dates, etc...)
- Ability to send and receive online Secure Messages with Primary Care Providers, Medical and Surgical Speciality Clinics, and Mental Health Providers
All Primary Care Providers, including the main campus in Asheville, Rutherfordton and Franklin CBOCs, and Home Based Primary Care, use Secure Messaging with their patients.
Secure Messaging is also used by Medical and Surgical Speciality Clinics, Mental Health Providers, and administrative offices such as the Patient Advocate. We continue to expand Secure Messaging thoughout our facilty with the goal of providing you access to all clinical areas of our facility as soon as possible.
Getting Registered with My HealtheVet is Easy!
To register, just access the website at www.myhealth.va.gov, click on the green “Register Today!” button on the right-hand side of the screen and complete all fields marked with a red asterisk (entering information in fields that don’t have a red asterisk is optional).
Registered VA Patients Can:
Record military and family health histories
Record and track illnesses, accidents, or other events
Record and track over-the-counter medications, immunizations, and tests
Record, track, and print important vital statistics
Explore “Healthy Living Centers,” “Diseases & Conditions Centers,” and online Medical Libraries
Use self-assessment tools
Upgrade Your Account
In-Person Authentication is a security measure intended to protect patient privacy that allows Veteran users to enjoy the fullest benefits of My HealtheVet.
- Fill out the My HealtheVet release of information form (VA Form 10-5345a)
- During your next VA visit, submit your completed form and show one form of valid government-issued photo ID to a designated VA staff member at one of the following locations:
- Charles George VAMC in Asheville (Oteen) – My HealtheVet Office (Room 1B173, located next to Patient Advocate), Library Office or Release of Information Office
- Rutherfordton CBOC – Front Desk Reception Clerk
- Franklin CBOC – Front Desk Reception Clerk
In addition to the above, Authenticated VA Patients Can:
View past and future appointments
View lab work results (chemistry and hematology)
Send and receive online Secure Messages with Primary Care Providers and participating Speciality Clinics
Access Selected Military Service Information (MOS Codes, Rank, Service Dates, etc...)
For Questions and Techncial Support Concerning My HealtheVet, Contact:
CGVAMC My HealtheVet Coordinator
828.298.7911 Ext. 5954
- Charles George VA Medical Center
- 828-298-7911 Ext. 3511
- 828-298-7911 Ext. 5954
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm