Request Your Medical Records
Release of Information
(Release of Information, has responsability for the security and release of patients private health information. Patients can contact release of information to get a copy of their health records.)
Our Release of Information staff will be happy to assist you with requests for your medical records. We also assist providers with completing forms for patients.
We can assist you with the following:
• Access to your medical records
• Obtaining copies of your medical records
• Requests to amend your medical records
• Completion of forms for benefits, insurance, and other reasons
The Release of Information Staff is expert in our patients' rights and their medical records.
How to Request Information:
1. A Release of information Technician is available for in-person service at the Medical Center on the First floor from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
2. Complete VA Form 10-5345a Individuals' Request for Copy of Their Own Health Information, sign the form, and mail it to the following address:
Asheville VA Medical Center
Release of Information ( 136D)
1100 Tunnel Road
Asheville, NC 28805
3. Fax a written request or completed form to 828-299-2503
4. Premium users of myhealth.va.gov can use the Secure Messaging feature. Send message to Asheville Release of Information.