We've listed some of the ways you can volunteer below. However, if you have special skills to offer, please call us so we can discuss how you can best use your talents to help our patients.
- Volunteer Van Drivers
- Transport veterans to and from the medical center for scheduled outpatient appointments. To fill this role, you must have a current drivers license and automobile insurance and pass a physical exam.
- Traffic Controllers
- Help outpatients navigate the main facility entrance to access the medical center.
- Volunteer Patient Reminder Caller
- Help make phone calls to remind patients about their scheduled appointments. Open hours.
- Patient Escort Volunteers
- Provide assistance with pushing patients in wheelchairs to their scheduled appointments. Open hours.
- Coffee Cart
- Serve coffee in outpatient clinic waiting areas and/or the Community Living Center.
- Patient Friendly Visitor
- Assist and support nursing staff on inpatient units providing amenities and special attention to patients as needed. Open hours.
- Mail Room Assistant
- Complete mail room projects and deliver mail to medical center departments. Open hours.